Part 2 – Continue From 20 Actionable Blog Marketing Tips Part 1
11. Make your content available in multiple formats – If you’ve published a text article, you can create an audio version of that article and submit it to podcast sites. You can create PowerPoint presentations and PDFs, and submit to sites like SlideShare. You can create video tutorials and talk about the topic that you discussed in your blog post.
12. Directories – Submit your blog to high authority directories like Dmoz, BOTW, etc. My recommendation – don’t spend too much time on directory submissions. It is because addictive since there are thousands of directives out there. So you will have to choose the directories wisely by checking parameters like Domain Authority, Page Authority, number of inbound links, etc. You should also browse through each directory to see what types of sites they are accepting. If they accept just about anything, stay away from that directory, even if has high PageRank or Domain Authority.
13. Guest posting – This activity is useful only if you want something more from your guest posts than just links. If you’re doing guest posting just to get links, you will not succeed. Period. If you want to do guest posting successfully on a regular basis, your primary goal should be to provide value to the respective site’s audience. So even if the owner of that site changes your links or anchor texts, you shouldn’t have any problem with that.
14. Commenting – Commenting on relevant news and blog posts is one of the easiest ways to get some quick traffic to your site. Many people use commenting to build backlinks. From SEO perspective is a terrible idea because commenting is not meant for link building. It’s not a link building activity. It’s a relationship building activity. When you comment on other people’s blogs, you have a chance to express your own opinion about whatever they’ve published. Anyway, this is a good way to start a conversation and share ideas. So don’t get all “linky” while doing blog commenting.
15. Monitoring – Apart from the traditional analytical tools, you should also consider using tools like Google Alerts to monitor mentions of your name or your blog’s name (on blogs and social media). You should also regularly use link analysis tools to check who is linking to you.
16. If you’re launching a product or service, you can consider publishing a press release to announce your launch. However, make sure that your press release is actually about something newsworthy. Press releases written just for SEO purposes don’t work anymore. That journalists and news sites would be interested in your press release that has to be actual news. Otherwise, don’t waste your money in this, because publishing one press release can easily cost a couple of hundred bucks.
17. Content Frequency – As you know, a blog needs to be continually updated. A news website needs to be updated several times a day. As far as a blog is concerned, updating it a couple of times a week would be sufficient, of course depending on your content quality.
18. Networking – Marketing and networking go hand-in-hand. Making connections with other bloggers in your industry is a sure-fire way to increase traffic to your website. There are several ways to build new relationships both online and offline. You can join different forums and communities and accede to the conversations that are going on in there. You can join them on social media. You can also attend industry-relevant seminars and conferences.
19. When people leave comments on your blog, you can reply to their comments and thank them for taking the time to share their thoughts, which will help you look like someone who cares about their readers and is actively communicating with his/her audience.
20. When you write blog posts on your blog, you can link to useful articles and resources published by other bloggers in your industry. If you only link to your articles, it looks unnatural and spammy to both users and search engines. Also having a good OBL (Outbound Links) profile will help you stand out from other bloggers who just link to their articles every chance they get.
This article concludes the 2-part about some of the best blog marketing tactics that you can implement right now to generate buzz about your blog.