Everybody has at least one social media account, and participate actively in one of the platforms available. We no longer can easily name that one friend that does not. Social media is like a gathering of people, not physically, but they are there. That is why you can use it for your promotional purpose. The benefits are many, from low cost and effort to the ability to reach people who live physically far from you. Many big companies our social media as one of their promotional platforms. Small business needs to do the same thing because there are some stories where a small business turns to a giant, thanks to social media. In this article, you will find out the importance of social media for the small business.
1. It Finds People or Potential Customers
Most of us use Social Media daily. We use it to stay informed about what’s popular. Or following our favorite actor, musician, businesses. Plus, posting our personal stories and much more. Think of the Social Media as the new “office regular water cooler.” Many people are talking about it and waiting for you to come so they can discuss what you can give to them.
People need to trust a small business, and its products or services before purchasing. They tend to trust their friends and family members more than other people. So, if your visitors know about your product from someone trustworthy, you can assume that they are much more likely to buy from you. You can even market your goods and services using person to person method.
A good way to spread your ideas on Social Media is by having family and friends to spread it. They can promote your business on their accounts, and their friends will see it. Remember what will go to happen when someone hears from a family or friend?
2. It Lets You Know What People Think About Your Business
You will pay attention to what people say about you and try to respond to all posts, the bad and the good. You can use Google Notifications to see who are discussing your brand. On Yahoo Alerts you can create “alerts” with keywords like your name or business name. So when Google finds those keywords in their search engine, they’ll email you the information about who is searching those keywords. That is a good way to see what people think about you across many Social Media platforms.
3. Build a Relationship with Your Customers
Social Media allows the two ways communication between companies and many potential customers. Imagine hundreds, thousands of men and women that may become your visitors. That kind of marketing could be hard to do in the physical world. Communication is essential, with this you will learn about your visitors and get to know them better.
You can create some good content to advertise your products. If your content is great, your visitors will notice them, and they will start contacting you. That is your chance to connect with them.
4. It’s an Easy and Natural Way to Spread Your Brand!
It creates brand awareness in no time, and generally, Social Media is FREE. Yes! Free Advertising/Marketing!! You need to be on many Social platforms, create and post engaging content. It allows your visitors to see your brand and what product or services do you have for these people.
Your company is more accessible than ever, think 24/7! People can get you all the time from all across the planet.
– You could create testimonial videos of your product and post them to YouTube or Facebook.
– Let people find about your discount, new product, giveaways, etc.
– Bragging! What are some of your business accomplishments? Tell those to people.
– Set yourself up as a professional. Use discussion boards and community forums to some answer questions posted there. That will make you considered as a specialist in your field. You can also use many platforms such as YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and Instagram to perform a “Live Q&A.”
5. Follow Your Customers!
Most of us use social media. Social media is the new “Google Search.” People use Facebook, and Instagram to find local businesses. It’s easier to engage with a business on twitter, for example. If you do a Search, visit the website to find a contact number, and call them, it is harder.
So, follow your customer! Your rivals are already using social media to advertise their business. You will be left behind if you are not adapting. See the list below to see what you can do in social media.
– Share trending news, new events, interesting articles, and videos. Avoid click bait title.
– A way to market your client events. Let your visitors know who you partnered. Promote other local businesses too.
– Be Helpful: Create content that will help people in their lives.
With all the benefits of social media we have listed above, there is no reason for any business owner to not utilizing the power of social media. Even if you only focus on social media promotion, the result is not disappointing.